How to Add to iTunes

Open iTunes on your computer. Click on the Advanced tab. Click Subscribe to Podcast. Enter in this URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/bethandcari
Click OK and you will get up-to-date Podcasts!

Disclaimer

The ABC Book Review Podcast contains the sole statements and opinions of the authors and is not a reflection of the opinions held by the Twinsburg Public Library. The podcast is not affiliated with the ABC television network, merely an acronym for A Beth and Cari production.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Episode 93: Books of 2011: The Best, The Worst, and Tired Endings

Click here to listen: Episode 93: Books of 2011: The Best, The Worst, and Tired Endings
SHOW NOTES: 

Date Recorded: December 19, 2011

Another book review podcast: Books on the Nightstand
Twinsburg Patch Book Reviews

Books
When She Woke by Hilary Jordan
The Lantern by Deborah Lawrence
SPOILERS for Fallen by Lauren Kate
The Lightning Thief by
Twilight by Stephenie Meyers
Future of Us by Jay Asher by Carolyn Mackler
Please Ignore Vera Diets by
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Ready Player One by Ernie Cline
Max and Annie by Sandra Philipson
The Paris Wife by Paula Mclain
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
Patron Saint of Liars by Anne Patchett - Cari's favorite
Bel Canto by Anne Patchett
Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente
Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater
The Postmortal by Drew Magary
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevine
Before I Go Sleep by S.J. Watson - BEST BOOK OF 2011
SPOILERS for Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
A Novel Seduction by Gwyn Cready

Twisted Endings by Huffington Post









6 comments:

Rebecca Jean said...

I got "Before I go to sleep" by S J Watson in the mail from amazon today, and I can't wait to read it!
Love your show!

Cari said...

Thanks, Rebecca! It's a good one :-)

Nina said...

Hi ladies,
Love your show. I will too read "Before I go to sleep" since you guys recommended it. I'm skeptical about your review though since you both loved "The Night Circus," a book I didn't care for. That book was good in the beginning and was like nothing I read before. However, I thought the ending collapsed on itself and I felt duped. I'd say that was one of the worst endings of the year! I just recently finished "A Slant of Light" recommmended a much earlier podcast and just loved it, so I have some hope for "Before I go to sleep." Thanks ladies, love listening to you.

Beth said...

Thanks so much, Nina! Even if you didn't like the Night Circus, you will like Before I Go to Sleep. It transcended all of the staff's reading preferences in the library's adult department. Let us know how you like it when you finish it!

Cari said...

Thanks for your comment, Nina! I just want to add - hope you didn't find our opinions misleading - I can kind of see how you would find the ending disappointing, but I liked it. Everyone has a different opinion! I hope you like Before I Go To Sleep, and Beth's right, everyone in our reference dept. loved it (and they've all got different tastes).

Alison said...

I am so behind on podcasts, but I wanted to throw in that I also enjoyed Vera Dietz — that's the one where Vera's recently ex-friend is dead and she doesn't know how to feel about it. It also has some delightful flowcharts, and narration by a building. Because that's cool. :)

And I didn't recommend Deathless, but I did recommend The Postmortal and so I'm glad you liked it!

Beth's Books

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Subscribe in a reader